a. What is Oscar International College doing to respond to COVID-19?
a. Oscar International College programs are being delivered 100% online since the pandemic started in March 2020. Suppose Ministry in British Columbia allowed institutions to teach courses offline or in a blended model, then the entire Oscar family ready to make that shift as well. Vancouver, Surrey, and Abbotsford campuses are closed for in-person classes until the province allows institutions to open it for in-person classes. Currently, our campuses are used by our internal team members only.
b. How can I help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
b. As B.C. progresses through its reopening phases, HealthLink BC recommends the following to stop the spread of COVID-19:
1. Physical distancing. Keep a physical distance between yourself and others when you are out.
2. Avoid contact. Avoid handshaking and hugs outside of your family.
Smile and wave instead.
3. Wash your hands. Especially after returning home and before eating. Clean your phone and work surfaces frequently.
4. Wear non-medical or cloth masks. A non-medical mask or face covering is recommended when you cannot keep a safe distance from others.
5. Don’t touch your face. Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, or mouth.
6. Practice respiratory etiquette. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of tissues immediately.
7. Isolate if you feel sick. Even if you have only mild symptoms, self-isolate for a minimum of 10 days.
8. Do not go to work, school, or public places.
9. Get tested. Anyone with symptoms, however mild, can get tested for COVID-19. Find a testing centre
c. For international students planning to come to Canada
c. Please read the below points:
• Students living outside Canada who got their study permits and coming to Canada must notify Oscar International College to make the following arrangements.
• Before we will start enrolling students from outside Canada (international students), work closely with administrators to be fully knowledgeable of the process to enter Canada on a student visa.
• COVID-19 policies, 14-days self-quarantine information guide, and Oscar International College contact information will be given to all international students before they depart for Canada.
• All the international students will also be given access to the BC COVID-19 app https://bc.thrive.health and ArriveCan within 48 hours of arrival.
• All the international students from foreign countries outside Canada provided a list of secure and suitable accommodations 14-day quarantine or a self-isolation period.
• Oscar International College will also take care of the health and wellness of all the students. We will provide a list of available food delivery, prescription delivery, virtual medical care, and virtual mental health support options. We will also provide infection control protocols, and it will also be available online and from Oscar International College’s internal staff members.
• During the COVID-19 pandemic duration, a parental accompaniment is not suggestable.
• Oscar International College will get in touch with the students during quarantine regarding the arrival information and advice.
• If the upcoming students would like to greet the staff members, they will do it once the quarantine period is over. Anyhow, we highly recommend students to schedule a telephonic or a zoom session with our staff if required.
• Students who will display some symptoms during quarantine will be placed in touch with local health authorities to get the right health care to advise and medications.
• There will not be any in-person orientation. The orientation will be organized online via Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
• All the international students will be provided a list of expectations once they reach Canada, including the use of face masks and hand sanitizer and private transportation options to avoid public buses and Skytrain.
• During the first 14 days of self-isolation or a quarantine period, the Oscar International College internal staff members will regularly check to ensure overall well-being and self-isolation compliance.
• Oscar International College believes in providing a secure learning environment for all the students. We will either send an email to the students or publish an update on our virtual check-in’s website.
• Oscar International College will work with the BC Ministry of Health to convey a message to the new students regarding COVID-19 testing, contact tracing, and care within the Regional Health Authorities.
• The President of Oscar International College, Parvinder Kalra, is responsible for the safety of the entire Oscar International College Family and college compliance with this plan.
• Oscar International College Management and Leadership team are responsible for the information held within this document.
d. I am an international student who has been accepted to Oscar International College but cannot travel to Canada right now. Can I start my program online?
d. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is allowing international students with study permits for programs starting in the Summer or Fall 2020 terms to begin their classes while outside Canada and complete up to 50 per cent of their programs via distance learning if they cannot travel to Canada sooner.